Thursday, October 9, 2014

Just breathe.

This week I will:
1. Offend people.
2. Get offended by people.
3. Make mistakes.
4. Forget something.
5. Swear a little.
6. Have good intentions anyway.

Life isn't perfect all the time and we shouldn't think it will be.

But I wake up anyway and tell myself that the week ahead is going to be okay. I’m hopelessly optimistic because it’s the least I can do. It’s not so bad. I guess. I take in short, sharp breaths, try to untangle that knot in my stomach. Grit my teeth and ignore all the thoughts that tell me that things are not okay. I’m still a little unstable on my feet, but at least I’m on my feet. I’m getting through this, regardless.

1 comment:

  1. "If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward." - Martin Luther King Jr.

    加油!Zhiying. Rise up! Start fresh, and see the bright opportunity in each new day :)

    ReplyDelete